Jamie Heng, LIMHP has a great passion for working with couples. She believes relationships are incredibly important to our health and fulfillment in life, especially relationships with those we have chosen to share the rest of our life with. She loves working with couples to help them improve their communication, manage conflict, rebuild trust, increase understanding of one another, and overall have a healthier and more meaningful relationship.
- She has completed the Level 3 Practicum Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and primarily uses this approach in working with couples. Gottman Method therapy is a research-based couples therapy. You can find more information about it by clicking here.
- Because of the structured nature of this form of therapy, you can expect to have homework and guided discussions. Here’s what the initial structure of therapy will look like:
- Session 1: Couples interview, followed by completion of the Gottman Relationship Checkup Questionnaire at home
- Session 2: Individual interviews (Approximately 30 minutes each, separately)
- Session 3: Feedback on previous appointments and identifying treatment goals
- Session 4 and future appointments: Sessions will use structured techniques to work toward achieving treatment goals.