I have a great passion for working with couples. I believe relationships are incredibly important to our health and fulfillment in life, especially relationships with those we have chosen to share the rest of our life with. I love working with couples to help them improve their communication, manage conflict, rebuild trust, increase understanding of one another, and overall have a healthier and more meaningful relationship.
- I have completed the Level 3 Practicum Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and primarily use this approach in working with couples. Gottman Method therapy is a research-based couples therapy. You can find more information about it by clicking here.
- Because of the structured nature of this form of therapy, you can expect to have homework and guided discussions. Here’s what the initial structure of therapy will look like:
- Session 1: Couples interview, followed by completion of the Gottman Relationship Checkup Questionnaire at home
- Session 2: Individual interviews (Approximately 30 minutes each, separately)
- Session 3: Feedback on previous appointments and identifying treatment goals
- Session 4 and future appointments: Sessions will use structured techniques to work toward achieving treatment goals.